Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Man Skills

I hate depending on a man. I hate feeling inferior. "She's a girl, she doesn't know." and "Woman should never be on ship", or that term 'woman driver', suggesting women don't know how to drive or even take care of cars. Don't get me wrong. I am not really into the whole women's lib thing. I also think a woman's place is in the home, nurturing the children but single moms don't always get to do that.
Guys are just as bad when the tables are turned. I will never figure out why a guy can't find his own belongings in his own house? You know the phrase, "Honey where's my...?" or "Have you seen my....?"
We women consider ourselves fortunate if our husbands can even find the silverware drawer. Its proof that our guys are not totally clueless.

But in a single moms home, none of this exists. For the sake of surviving, we have to take out the trash, do the dishes, be the bread winner, feed the kids, fold the laundry..... the list really is endless. And just to survive we have to either befriend a machanic who can do the work in exchange for the kind of cookies that taste just like his mom used to make or we have to develop those "man skills".

Its a hard road, but I would rather learn "man skills" than share my cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment